Limited Open Enrollment Transfer for the 2023-24 School Year
Limited Open Enrollment Transfer for the 2023-24 School Year
The El Dorado Union High School District Board of Trustees has approved the Limited Open Enrollment to El Dorado High School (EDHS), Ponderosa High School (PHS), or Union Mine High School (UMHS) to incoming 9th grade students for the 2023-2024 school year. The enrollment projections for EDHS, UMHS and PHS permanent capacity allows for 35 transfers.
If you have any questions, please contact Regi Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org at Student Services and Innovation.
To be used when requesting a transfer outside of the El Dorado Union High School District
Interdistrict Transfers (Incoming)
Incoming interdistrict transfers are for students who reside outside of the District boundaries, but wish to transfer to El Dorado Union High School District. To initiate this process, you must contact your District of Residence to begin the application process. All incoming transfers must meet GPA, attendance and behavior requirements.
Parents are responsible for their student's transportation to and from school. EDUHSD transportation bus services are not provided for students attending district schools on an interdistrict transfer. However, upon parent/guardian request, the District shall provide transportation assistance to a student who is eligible for free and reduced-price meals and is the child of an active duty military parent/guardian or a victim of bullying as defined by Education Code 46600. In addition, upon request of a student's parent/guardian, the Superintendent or designee may authorize transportation for any interdistrict transfer student to and from designated bus stops within the attendance area of the school that the student attends if space is available.
El Dorado Union High School District will accept and process Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreements for the current school year throughout the year.
Beginning in January, El Dorado Union High School District will accept and process Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreements for the following school year. Completed applications will be processed and determined within 30 days of receipt of request.
- Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreements received by the District 15 or fewer calendar days before the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the transfer is sought, the District will notify the parent/guardian of its final decision within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received.
- Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreements received by the District more than 15 days before the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the interdistrict transfer is sought, the District will notify the parent/guardian of its final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the commencement of instruction in the school year for which transfer is sought.
Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreements may be approved or denied for any of the following reasons:
- To meet the child care needs of the student, only as long as the student's child care provider remains within District boundaries.
- To meet the student's special mental or physical health needs as certified by a physician, school psychologist, or other appropriate school personnel.
- When the student has a sibling attending school in the receiving district, to avoid splitting the family's attendance.
- To allow the student to complete a school year when the student's parents/guardians have moved out of the District during that year.
- To allow the student to remain with a class graduating that year from an elementary, middle, or senior high school.
- To allow a high school senior to attend the same school attended as a junior, even if the student's family moved out of the District during the junior year.
- When the parent/guardian provides written evidence that the family will be moving into the District in the immediate future and would like the student to start the school year in the District.
- When the student will be living out of the District for one year or less.
- When recommended by the School Attendance Review Board (SARB) or by county child welfare, probation, or social service agency staff in documented cases of serious home or community problems which make it inadvisable for the student to attend the school of residence.
- When there is valid interest in a particular educational program not offered in the district of residence.
- To provide a change in school environment for reasons of personal and social adjustment.
- Students who are under consideration for expulsion or who have been expelled may not appeal Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreement denials or recessions while expulsion proceedings are pending or during the term of the expulsion.
- Until the District is at maximum capacity, the District shall accept any student whose Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreement is based on being the victim of an act of bullying or a child of an active duty military parent/guardian.
Students requesting an interdistrict transfer will be placed in an EDUHSD school in which there is enrollment space and/or specialized educational program. Priority for interdistrict attendance shall be given to a student who has been determined, through an investigation by either the district of residence or district of proposed enrollment to be a victim of an act of bullying, as defined in Education Code 48900(r), committed by a student of the district of residence. (Education Code 46600).
If a student's Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreement is denied, the Superintendent or designee shall, in writing, notify the parents/guardians of their right to appeal to the County Board of Education within 30 calendar days from the date of the final denial.
Interdistrict Transfers (Incoming)
To initiate this request, please follow the steps listed below:
- Contact your District of Residence to begin the application process (Interdistrict Attendance Application).
- The completed district of residence Interdistrict Attendance Application/Agreement, must include the following documentation with this application to the EDUHSD:
- An approved release from your District of Residence (Interdistrict Attendance Application/Agreement).
- Current student transcript, attendance records and disciplinary records. If there are no discipline records to report, please provide a signed and dated statement from the school staff indicating there were no incidents, and current IEP, if applicable.
- Indicate the reason for this request, either on the application or an attachment.
- Submit your complete application packet to the El Dorado Union High School District, Student Services and Innovation office at 4675 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville, CA 95667.
- Incomplete applications or failure to meet the submission timelines set forth will not be reviewed and the District shall deem this an abandonment of the request.
A student on an approved interdistrict transfer is required to maintain good attendance, satisfactory academic progress and positive behavior as determined by the Principal. Attendance and discipline problems and/or lack of academic progress towards graduation can result in a revocation of an Interdistrict Transfer Application/Agreement at any time.
Interdistrict Transfers (Outgoing)
Outgoing interdistrict transfers are for students who reside within the District boundaries, but wish to transfer into another school district. Requests for outgoing transfers must submit an Interdistrict Attendance Application/Agreement to the El Dorado Union High School District for approval prior to applying to a district outside of the District of Residence.
The District may limit transfers out of the District to a school district of choice under any of the following circumstances: (Education Code 48307).
- The number of student transfers out of the District to a school district of choice has reached the limit specified in Education Code 48307 based on the District's average daily attendance.
- The County Superintendent of Schools has given the District a negative budget certification or has determined that the District will not meet the state's standards and criteria for fiscal stability in the subsequent fiscal year exclusively as a result of student transfers from this District to a school district of choice.
APPLICATION PROCESS (Outgoing)
- Students residing within the El Dorado Union High School District must obtain an Interdistrict Attendance Application/Agreement (F117.1) from the EDUHSD website (see student transfers), or by requesting one from Student Services and Innovation Department located at the District Office at 4675 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville, CA. The completed application must be returned to Student Services and Innovation.
- The Interdistrict Attendance Application/Agreement, once approved or denied by the District, is then sent to the requested school district.
For more information, please refer to EDUHSD policies on Interdistrict transfers.
To be used when requesting a transfer within the El Dorado Union High School District.
Intradistrict Transfer requests must be received within the months of January and February preceding the school year for which the transfer is requested and only 1 application will be considered during each application period; multiple applications will not be considered.
Please submit application to Student Services and Innovation.
Less Impacted School